Sunday 15 March 2015

I am doing what I always wanted to do...!

I am on the extreme right, with my students.
     The thought which always comes to my mind whenever I see people working in offices is, are they are really enjoying their jobs? Do they really think of doing this job in their childhood? Means when you are a kid, the second question every elder asks you (after asking your name first) is, what do you want to become when you grow up? Who says, that I want to sit in an office and move papers here and there.

     I always wanted to become a scientist. I have a comfortable relation with science. It fascinates me more than the sports. Yeah, seriously, I never remembered the sport channel numbers, but all the science channels were on my tips. Me and brother has always experimented with almost everything in the kitchen. I had literally put my house on fire thrice. Experiments do go wrong. :p Our servant’s quarter was our lab. We never kept any servant over there, it was full of empty boxes. Being an army family, we had a hell number of boxes to be put somewhere, and servant quarter serves best for this purpose.

     But in India, where the competition is so much, one has to be very deterministic as well as lucky to become what you want to be. In my life things went very smooth. I need not to drop a year for preparation as I quickly got admission in engineering in a very reputable engineering college. All thanks to my dad, though his expectations of us are very high, he never forced us to do what we didn’t want to.  I took civil engineering as my major. People call civil as the mother of all engineering, and I do believe it is. Any other branch has its application in civil engineering. We call ourselves the next best creator after God.

     I was learning new things daily. As I had a good hand in doing experiments, anything in the books which could be put on the ground was way more interesting for me that the theoretical topics. Luckily, my younger brother joined the same college as a computer engineering student. That day I felt myself complete as I was studying a core subject and my brother was in IT. These days any technology is incomplete without the touch of computers in that. So the domain of our experiments widened.

     Life was fun. Soon, the day comes when I had to leave the college. Race of the life starts over when you finish your studies. I had few options in the industry to join. I tried joining defense services too but couldn't make it through. I really had to think of what to choose as my career. The bad thing about a civil engineering job is, you have to leave your society at all. Sites are always far from the civilization. Sometimes they are underground. But definitely it pays you well.

     I also had an opportunity to join teaching and research, but for that I had to burn myself again in higher studies. And yes, teaching doesn't pay you much in India. After giving a due thought on my career choice, I listened to my heart and joined teaching and research.

     After two years of teaching, I never felt like I am going to the office. For me this is the most satisfying job in this world. What you know you share and the happy faces of your students pays you instantly. Today, after six years of completing my graduation, I am still studying. Yes, you guessed it right, I am doing PhD that too from the India’s premier institution, IIT Delhi.

     My family always supported, so that I can follow my heart. They sacrificed everything, as no smile in this world is for free, someone has to pay for it. My dad always had a dream of having a house in the mountains. So to make his dream come true, I am working on to have a home in the mountains as soon as possible. For that https://housing.com/ has been  very supportive, to look for our dream house from a huge number of properties.


Just give it a try, I am sure you will love the resourcefulness of this website.



#StartANewLife

No comments:

Post a Comment